Stoked to have been nominated for the Australian Shadow Awards – The Rocky Wood Award for Non-Fiction and Criticism, for my thesis ‘Literary Serial Killer Fiction: The Evolution of a Genre.’
if you’re interested in reading it (the thesis) you can find it here under my academic pseudonym:
It is with great pleasure – and with thanks to the judges in all categories – that we announce the shortlists for the Australian Shadows Awards 2017.
Selected from 183 works submitted across 7 categories, these shortlists represent the very best in the field of horror and dark fiction (and non-fiction) by an Australasian author in 2017. Winners will be announced on Saturday 9 June, at the first live Australian Shadows Awards ceremony, kindly hosted by Continuum XIV: Conjugation.
And the shortlistees are…
The Rocky Wood Award for Non-Fiction and Criticism
- 101 Weird Writers #46 – Ryūnosuke Akutagawa, Kat Clay. (Weird Fiction Review)
- Literary Serial Killer Fiction: The Evolution of a Genre, William Cook. (Victoria University, Wellington NZ)
- The Body Horror Book, Claire Fitzpatrick. (Oscillate Wildly Press)
- It Follows is the Millennial STD Parable of Our Time, Maria Lewis. (SBS)
- A Shared Ambition: Horror…
View original post 274 more words